Supporting retailers, every step of the way
When you sign up as a Smiths News customer, it becomes a relationship that goes far beyond the supply of newspapers and magazines. We support our retailers in driving sales growth and maximising profitability, so that they can enjoy the full benefits of selling print publications in store.
One of the key ways we support retailers is in helping them grow their newspaper and magazine business, through branding and merchandising in their stores. We provide an exclusive shop development offer, including flexible loan facilities to fund shop refits and advice on how to best design your store layout to maximise sales.
We also advise retailers about the best publications to stock for their customer base. We help them decide how much to order, so that they minimise waste and enhance profit.
Our support for retailers is a key part of our success – because, by helping you grow your sales of newspapers and magazines, everyone in the supply chain can reap the rewards.
Top 10 Shop Development selling points
- Flexible interest-free loan provision available to spread the cost of shop refits
- We offer shop layout reviews, impartial advice and free quotations
- We provide support for full refits and new openings
- We offer support with HND rounds and other accessories
- Range advice – helping you maximise sales
- Optimise your displays and category values by investing in fixtures and fittings
- Access market-leading fixture manufacturers through Smiths News
- Highly competitive prices available with suppliers
- Simple, effective and affordable ways to purchase Epos systems
- We have one of the biggest ranges of refrigeration units
Press Distribution Forum
To ensure that we operate to the highest possible standard, we are members of the Press Distribution Forum, which is our industrys self-regulatory body. We also helped developed the Press Distrubition Charter, which sets out our indstury's service standards for retail customers.
Given the complexity and time sensitivity of our operation, it is inevitable that problems will occur from time to time. Most issues are quickly resolved, but if more serious or persistent problems are reported, the charter is supported by a complaints process & independent review panel.
Documents for download are available below.
Press distribution charter
Click here to view the press distribution charter (PDC)
Customer complaint form
Click here to download our customer complaint form